There is a growing interest among epidemiologists to investigate genetic risk factors for disease, alongside other risk factors. We present a case study that demonstrates how B.R.I.D.G.E. TO DATA® (www.bridgetodata.org) supports gene-disease association studies by allowing searching for genetic databases, reviewing data elements, and comparing cohorts for pooling.
The Flatiron Health database is a longitudinal and nationwide database comprised of de-identified patient-level structured and unstructured data from an EHR data source, curated via technology-enabled abstraction. It includes de-identified data from >280 cancer clinics representing more than 2.5 million U.S. cancer patients.
Keep a look out for our latest poster, Data Sources for Studying Genetic Factors of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), to be presented at ICPE 2020 (Sep. 16-17, 2020).
233 Spring Street
New York, NY 10013
(Submit requests online at https://flatiron.com/contact/)
1. Durie BGM, Kumar SK, Usmani SZ, Nonyane BAS, Ammann EM, Lam A, Kobos R, Maiese EM, Facon T. Daratumumab-lenalidomide-dexamethasone vs standard-of-care regimens: Efficacy in transplant-ineligible untreated myeloma. Am J Hematol. 2020 Aug 17. doi: 10.1002/ajh.25963. Epub ahead of print.
2. Rugo HS, Dieras V, Cortes J, Patt D, Wildiers H, O'Shaughnessy J, Zamora E, Yardley DA, Carter GC, Sheffield KM, Li L, Andre VAM, Li XI, Frenzel M, Huang YJ, Dickler MN, Tolaney SM. Real-world survival outcomes of heavily pretreated patients with refractory HR+, HER2-metastatic breast cancer receiving single-agent chemotherapy-a comparison with MONARCH 1. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2020 Aug 12. doi: 10.1007/s10549-020-05838-5. Epub ahead of print.
3. Becker T, Weberpals J, Jegg AM, So WV, Fischer A, Weisser M, Schmich F, Rüttinger D, Bauer-Mehren A. An Enhanced Prognostic Score for Overall Survival of Patients with Cancer Derived from a large Real World Cohort. Ann Oncol. 2020 Jul 30:S0923-7534(20)39970-1. doi: 10.1016/j.annonc.2020.07.013. Epub ahead of print.
4. Riaz F, Gan G, Li F, Davidoff AJ, Adelson KB, Presley CJ, Adamson BJ, Shaw P, Parikh RB, Mamtani R, Gross CP. Adoption of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors and Patterns of Care at the End of Life. JCO Oncol Pract. 2020 Jul 17:OP2000010. doi: 10.1200/OP.20.00010. Epub ahead of print.
5. John A, Shah RA, Wong WB, Schneider CE, Alexander M. Value of Precision Medicine in Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Real-World Outcomes Associated with the Use of Companion Diagnostics. Oncologist. 2020 Jul 6. doi: 10.1634/theoncologist.2019-0864. Epub ahead of print.
6. Abraham P, Gricar J, Zhang Y, Shankaran V. Real-World Treatment Patterns and Outcomes in Patients Receiving Second-Line Therapy for Advanced/Metastatic Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Adv Ther. 2020 Jul;37(7):3392-3403.
7. Wong W, Wu N, Gupta R, Mansfield AS. Utilization Trends and Factors Associated With ROS1 Testing Among Patients With Advanced Non-small-cell Lung Cancer in US Community Practices. Clin Lung Cancer. 2020 Jun 29:S1525-7304(20)30213-8. doi: 10.1016/j.cllc.2020.06.019. Epub ahead of print.
8. Castellanos EH, Orlando A, Ma X, Parikh RB, O'Connell G, Meropol NJ, Hamrick J, Adamson BJS. Evaluating the Impact of Oncology Care Model Reporting Requirements on Biomarker Testing and Treatment. JCO Oncol Pract. 2020 Jun 4:JOP1900747. doi: 10.1200/JOP.19.00747. Epub ahead of print.
9. Leapman MS, Presley CJ, Zhu W, Soulos PR, Adelson KB, Miksad RA, Boffa DJ, Gross CP. Association of Programmed Cell Death Ligand 1 Expression Status With Receipt of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in Patients With Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. JAMA Netw Open. 2020 Jun 1;3(6):e207205.
10. Thomas A, Mian I, Tlemsani C, Pongor L, Takahashi N, Maignan K, Snider J, Li G, Frampton G, Ali S, Kim S, Nichols S, Rajapakse V, Guha U, Sharon E, Fujimoto J, Moran CA, Wistuba II, Wei JS, Khan J, Szabo E, Torres AZ, Carson KR. Clinical and Genomic Characteristics of Small Cell Lung Cancer in Never Smokers: Results From a Retrospective Multicenter Cohort Study. Chest. 2020 May 26:S0012-3692(20)31504-X. doi: 10.1016/j.chest.2020.04.068. Epub ahead of print.